As a mom of a busy toddler, I’m always looking for ways to engage him. My son loves to be challenged with scavenger hunts. Of course, I put a math twist on it!
Simply have your child go find math related items in their room. (This could be played at a restaurant or other location of the well.) Here is a list of ideas for kids to find:
- A certain number of objects
- Objects with actual numbers on them
Here are some other ideas to add to your game!
- Offer a reward such as a treat or 10 minutes of cartoons
- Make it a relay game by timing your child or setting up a running obstacle course as they find each object
- Make it a timed race against other kids
- Make it more of “Hide and Seek” with objects
Here is a printable of different 2D and 3D shapes! SHAPES PRINTABLE
Ready? Set? Go!